1. Room Prices: Room prices quoted on our website are in US Dollars. Our quoted prices include all applicable tourism taxes with no additional fees (daily room housekeeping is included). Our quoted room prices do not include gratuity to our staff, which is optional to our customers. The administration of the Hotel reserves the right of admission.
2. Reservations & Cancellations: Room reservations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Room reservations require a deposit of Fifty Percent (50%) of the total room charges (minimum 1 night charge), which can be paid by bank deposit or by credit card at the time of reservation. Our bank account number is 03-72-01-103794-5, at Banco General de Panama, in the name of “Hotel Playa Reina, S.A.”. Cancellations (No Show) will result in NO REFUND as penalty. Customers must inform our hotel administrator via email within 48 hours prior to the date of Check-In, if they intend to change their check-in date.
3. Payment: payment can be made by Cash, Bank Deposit, Bank Wire Transfer or Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard only). No checks are accepted with the exception of checks drawn on local Panamanian banks.
4. Children: Children ages 0 to 6 years of age stay free of charge. Children ages 7 and up count as adults for room rate purposes.
5. Check-In: Check-In is at 3:00 p.m., although we allow early check-in with advance notice (so that we have time to prepare the room). You must be 18 years or older to rent a room. If you plan to check-in after 9:00 p.m., please notify us so we do not cancel your reservation. We require presentation of a valid ID or Passport at check-in, to assure the safety of all guests.
6. Check-Out: Check-Out time is at 12:00 noon (with advance notice we can make exceptions for late check-out if room is not rented that night). In case of late Check-Out, unless otherwise pre-arranged with the hotel administration, late check-outs are subject to an automatic charge of an additional night. Also, a late check-out does not imply that you can keep the room for an additional night, as it depends on hotel availability. A room inspection is done at the time of check-out, to ensure inventory of all room items (sheets, pillows, towels, furniture, lamps, TV, refrigerator, etc.), and check that no damage has been done to the property.
7. Damage to Property: if any room items are stolen or if any damage to the property is found to be caused by the renter of the room, the renter will be charged with the full costs for repairing the damages or replacing any missing room items. For this reason, the renters credit card information is requested at the moment of check-in.
8. Business Operation Schedule: Our administrator and sub-administrator attend customers from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. Our night assistant attends customers after 9:00 pm.
9. Room Assignments: Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. We have 8 suite rooms, 5 standard rooms, 1 private room with shared bathroom, 1 shared dorm room, and 1 family room.
10. Personal Property: Hotel Playa Reina will not take responsibility for any lost personal items, in or outside of the rooms. All rooms are equipped with safety boxes, and all valuable personal items should be stored in the safety box. Needless to say, we have never had any issues with security at our hotel, and your belongings are very safe.
11. Curfew: Hotel Playa Reina does not have a curfew and there are no lock-outs. However, we expect our guests to be respectful of others who are sleeping.
12. Guests: no third party guests are permitted in the hotel rooms for the safety and protection of our customers.
13. Pool & Social Areas: our social areas, swimming pool, beach area, and park area are open 24 hours per day for all our guests to enjoy. No BBQ is allowed inside the hotel facilities, but it can be used on the beach in front of the hotel. Glass cups, food or beverages are not allowed in the pool or pool deck area. Guests are not allowed to wear jeans, flannel or t-shirts inside the pool, only proper swimwear. Adults must supervise their children in the pool, the hotel is not responsible for accidents. Shared Dorm customers have a charge of $5 extra per day for use of the pool.
14. Bar/Restaurant: our bar/restaurant, AlaMar, offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant opens at 7:00 am and closes at 9:00 pm. Guests are required to be clothed and dry to enter the Restaurant. We include a mini-refrigerator in each suite room and a full refrigerator in our family room for storage of your beverages or food. Coolers are allowed in the private hotel rooms only, not in the shared dorm rooms of the hostel. Coolers can not be used in the vicinity of the pool or restaurant. The administration of the restaurant reserves the right to charge an extra charge for uncorking of $25 per bottle of alcohol, $2 per beer, juice or soda can. Guests are not permitted to eat or bring food inside the Shared Dorm Rooms.
15. Laundry: Bed linens, pillow covers and blankets are changed daily free of charge (included in the room rate). Any personal clothing items that require laundry may be washed for a fee of US$5.00 per load which must be paid at the reception office.
16. Internet Service: we offer Free Wi-Fi Internet services at our restaurant for our hotel guests only. The internet service in Playa Reina is provided by the cellular phone company called MasMovil (Cable & Wireless) as well as Claro and MoviStar (Telefonica), and the internet browsing speed ranges from 2G to 3G, however, speeds may vary or be even slower than that depending on the volume of customers on the network at the time of use, and at times the service does not work when there are heavy rains / storms or temporary electrical power outages. Hotel Playa Reina does NOT guarantee the availability of the Internet service.
17. Group Reservations: if you are interested in a group reservation, we can offer special room rates, transport and meal packages. Please contact us for availability and pricing details. Our hotel currently has capacity for up to 42 guests.
18. Private Shuttle Service: the shuttle service to Santa Catalina is provided by independent van / bus owners, and their fees are variable, depending on the number of people, and the season. Please contact us for pricing and transport details.
19. Smoking: absolutely no smoking is permitted inside of our hotel rooms. If you smoke on our property, you must not litter our property with cigarette butts – please deposit your extinguished butts in the trash cans. We try to keep the hotel areas clean so we ask guests to use the trash bins placed in the facilities to deposit trash.
20. Drugs: absolutely no illegal drugs are permitted in our property.
21. Room Keys: We have a limited number of copies of each room key. Each room key is on a key ring with a wooden surfboard that was hand-made by an artisan. For this reason, if you lose your room key, we will have to charge you for the cost of the replacement of the key and key ring. To avoid losing your key when you go to the beach or on tours, we recommend that you leave your room key with the reception office.